UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Rock exposed

4 posters

Go down

Christian Rock exposed Empty Christian Rock exposed

Post by Christ is My Life! Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:09 am

Here is a link to an interesting site that features bands like DC Talk and even Evenesence....(Which shocked me!)
Christian Rock: Exposed
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Christian Rock exposed Empty Re: Christian Rock exposed

Post by Glory to God Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:00 am

Maybe its my computer but the link won't work., I got it to work. Thanks for sharing that. I actually like Sandi Patty.....wow!! As we listen to Christian we are unaware of those things Shocked
Glory to God
Glory to God
Biblical teacher
Biblical teacher

Female Number of posts : 109
Humor : Everyone should have some :)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

http://dailycrossesforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saved&lovinit Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:56 pm

That's crazy!!! I can't believe Jaci Valasquez...woah!!

And Evanescence...so much I could say to that but it was basically explained in that article. I'm shocked that it was on the top of the CHRISTIAN charts...unfortunately I have to agree with Amy Lee that if they LISTENED to the songs, they wouldn't be up there No Unbelievable well
Saved&lovinit
Saved&lovinit
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Female Number of posts : 129
Humor : 8th grader
Registration date : 2007-06-28

http://www.freewebs.com/xk3arasxarykx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:14 am

It is amazing, isn't it. There is a lot of deception out there, and music, unfortunately is one of them. It makes me wonder sometimes, what is actually left in the world, besides nature that is left untouched. (And even nature is being destroyed on a regular basis...but it can't influence the mind like music, movies, tv etc.)

Music is such a wonderful thing...such a wonderful expression, yet the companies have turned it into a battleground for souls....and when we think we are listening to "good wholesome music" and find out these kind of things, it is disheartening.

I was shocked to see Evenesance at the top of Christian charts....I agree with Amy Lee and S&L too! If they listened...it wouldn't be. However in defense of one song that Christians fell into, I too did at first. "My God, my turniquit, return to me salvation." It is a deceiving line. 3 or 4 years ago, I listened to that song over and over...I really liked it....but I had to really focus on the end....luckily God woke me up to my mistake in translation. I was so sad, because I really like their style.
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoNiCa4316 Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:09 pm

Interesting! ...sad too. I'm also surprised to see "Evanescence". I actually used to listen to them before I was Christian, lol.
I don't listen to any of those artists...I don't even know most of them, lol... hopefully there's nothing wrong with Hillsong, cause I listen to them all the time, haha...or Matt Redman and Rebecca St. James. Actually I disagree with some teachings of Hillsong Church but their music is great in my opinion.
MoNiCa4316
MoNiCa4316

Female Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Saved&lovinit Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:00 am

Christ is My Life! wrote:It is amazing, isn't it. There is a lot of deception out there, and music, unfortunately is one of them. It makes me wonder sometimes, what is actually left in the world, besides nature that is left untouched. (And even nature is being destroyed on a regular basis...but it can't influence the mind like music, movies, tv etc.)

Music is such a wonderful thing...such a wonderful expression, yet the companies have turned it into a battleground for souls....and when we think we are listening to "good wholesome music" and find out these kind of things, it is disheartening.

I was shocked to see Evanescence at the top of Christian charts....I agree with Amy Lee and S&L too! If they listened...it wouldn't be. However in defense of one song that Christians fell into, I too did at first. "My God, my turniquit, return to me salvation." It is a deceiving line. 3 or 4 years ago, I listened to that song over and over...I really liked it....but I had to really focus on the end....luckily God woke me up to my mistake in translation. I was so sad, because I really like their style.

I love music. I always have my iPod on when I'm at home...though I should probably cut down on the time 'cuz it drives my parents nuts Laughing *ahem* anyways...

There are so many good singers out there...Amy Lee, Hayley Williams, Gerard Way...but a lot of them are bad influences. Some songs I can totally relate to...at least for parts of it, but it still isn't always the best influence

I liked that song for a long time too...then after listening to it for a while...and like REALLY listening to it...I realized it wasn't Christian...and neither were the other songs. And I too like their style. My friend went to their concert a few days ago...she said Amy's a spaz on stage...she can't stand still for more than a second...and I've heard she's a spaz anyways:

Christian Rock exposed 67104313
Saved&lovinit
Saved&lovinit
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Female Number of posts : 129
Humor : 8th grader
Registration date : 2007-06-28

http://www.freewebs.com/xk3arasxarykx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:52 pm

When they are spazes on stage....ya gotta wonder what they are on.

There was a joke when I was in the bands.....what type are you?

Type...if you answered music style, you got laughed at.

It was what drug type are you into....that is the answer they were expecting....Grrr.
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content