UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should women wear make up? Especially Christian women?

3 posters

Go down

Should Christian women wear make up to church

Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_lcap25%Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_lcap25%Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_lcap0%Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_lcap0%Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Empty Should women wear make up? Especially Christian women?

Post by Christ is My Life! Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:25 pm

I had this thought. Sometimes, I will be watching tv, and I will see some woman televangelist with a ton of makeup, and her hair done to the T. (I will use Paul Crouches wife as an example, Tammy Faye..(Ex Baker) as they are extremes.

I often, when in church, will notice that some women go into church with a lot of eyeshadow, lipstick, super hight heels, short skirts etc.

So, another thought I had was this, in my last foster family, they were a very Christ focused family, and my foster mother and my sisters were so into makeup and looking perfect. They are all beautiful women, with outside and inside beauty to match. But their hair was always perfect, and so often, more than enough makeup...

What is your opinion. Make up is fun! BUt, should one wear it to church, and how much is too much, and how much is not enough?

Another thought I had is this....if Christ Himself were to appear to you....would you want to be all natural, or wearing makeup....

Me, I like the natural look....but make up is a lot of fun!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Empty Re: Should women wear make up? Especially Christian women?

Post by Glory to God Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:43 pm

I think that make up is the choice of the woman. I wear some, not much. But I never think about anyone in Church weather they have a lot or a little makeup on. Now revealing clothing bothers me, women should not reveal breasts and thighs or back and stomach in church. Just my opinion.Smile
Glory to God
Glory to God
Biblical teacher
Biblical teacher

Female Number of posts : 109
Humor : Everyone should have some :)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

http://dailycrossesforums.com

Back to top Go down

Should women wear make up?  Especially Christian women? Empty Re: Should women wear make up? Especially Christian women?

Post by Saved&lovinit Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:08 am

I rarely wear makeup...and when I do wear it, I don't use much. I wear dark eyeshadow (but only on my eyelids, not all around my eyes) and mascara. I don't wear lipstick, only chapstick and no blush...i don't like my cheeks being bright pink unless it's natural. I don't see a problem with makeup. But overdoing it, yes there's a problem.

Now clothes...it's so hard shopping for school clothes that are in dress code. My school's dress code is very strict. Whenever a few of us raise our arms up to stretch, we're always like "dress code check"...haha. we HAVE to have sleeves, and there's the 3 finger rule. If you wear a tanktop, the sleeve has to be 3 fingers wide, or it's against dress code (not fair for the people with small fingers lol). I just don't like all the "showy" stuff they have out there today.
Saved&lovinit
Saved&lovinit
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Female Number of posts : 129
Humor : 8th grader
Registration date : 2007-06-28

http://www.freewebs.com/xk3arasxarykx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down