UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know.....

Go down

Did you know..... Empty Did you know.....

Post by Christ is My Life! Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:54 am

Whether lying about raiding the biscuit tin or denying they broke a toy, all children try to mislead their parents at some time. Yet it now appears that babies learn to deceive from a far younger age than anyone previously suspected.

Behavioural experts have found that infants begin to lie from as young as six months. Simple fibs help to train them for more complex deceptions in later life.

Until now, psychologists had thought the developing brains were not capable of the difficult art of lying until four years old.

Following studies of more than 50 children and interviews with parents, Dr Vasudevi Reddy, of the University of Portsmouth's psychology department, says she has identified seven categories of deception used between six months and three-years-old.

"It demonstrates they're clearly able to distinguish that what they are doing will have an effect. This is essentially all adults do when they tell lies, except in adults it becomes more morally loaded."
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum