UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prophecy

3 posters

Go down

Prophecy Empty Prophecy

Post by The Olive Tree Sat May 19, 2007 10:25 am

Prophecy MeasuringTemple
The Olive Tree
The Olive Tree

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Back to top Go down

Prophecy Empty Re: Prophecy

Post by The Olive Tree Sat May 19, 2007 10:31 am

For this is a time that unrighteousness is exalted as if I do not detest it. But I will rise up and I will show myself Holy through My end time Prophets of Fire. Then they will acknowledge the Holyness of the Holy One of Israel. For these two Prophets will do all that is written about them. They will stand in the midst of wickedness and be blameless and they will exalt themselves above their enemies in My name for I have called it to be like this from the foundation. Did I not say Now will I arise and now will I be exalted. I am God, the tablets, oh the tablets. It is time to run with the tablets. For I told My Prophet that the Word would speak in the End. I proclaim that the Word, oh My Word. It is Time for you not only to speak, but to SHOUT.
Jesus
The Olive Tree
The Olive Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by ephraimanesti Sun May 20, 2007 6:35 am

Hello! i'm new here and have no clue what i am doing as far as availing myself of all the little bells and whistles available at this Site. Hopefully, i will figure it out sooner or later.

i love the artwork above--beautifully done! However, the topic, in my opinion, is useless to Christians. Way back in the darkages of the 60's i was "playing around" with Christianity and was very much into prophecy as were many at that time--as now. Starting with "THE LATE, GREAT PLANET EARTH" i devowered all the books i could find on prophecy and eagerly scanned the newspaper headlines, seeking who the "Beast" might be and who Russian and China were in Revelations, etc. The outcome was that i didn't grow as a Christian and eventually lost interest and fell away.

Based on my experiences, as i said, i think prophecy is a waste of time for Christians--we have better things to do in trying to become Christ-like with the Holy Spirit's help, support, and guidance. We have only so much time and energy, and to waste that reading stuff like the "Left Behind" series or some of the other speculative fiction which passes for facts regarding the end times is not, in my opinion "redeeming the time" as our Lord would have us do. It seems to me that if we are striving to live Godly lives according to our Lord's directives and the Spirit's leadings, the future will take care of itself and the Lord will return when its time. and we will hear the welome "Well done, good and faithful servant." Knowing where, when, how, and why adds nothing to the equation--in my opinion. (Sometimes i even go so far as to agree with Martin Luther that Revelations should be left out of the Bible.)

Sooooo . . . given that i often miss the point of stuff, i would appreciate it if someone could share with me what would be valid reasons why a Christian would delve into this Topic and how could they benefit thereby. Or, possibly, am i taking too narrow a definition of "prophecy", as i know it has other connotations.

MUCH LOVE TO ALL IN CHRIST,
ephraim

ephraimanesti

Male Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Olive Tree Sun May 20, 2007 7:47 am

I believe that this prophecy is directly linked to the rapture. A christian in the church sees this prophecy and obviously understands that the rapture is near. Amen

You have been here for a while, you have seen years and years and years of speculation. But this is not speculation. This is the Lord saying GET READY FOR IT IS NO LATER THAN September 21, 2007 at 11:59 p.m. (THE RAPTURE). You talk as if reading prophecy and becoming christ like is too much to do at one time. This just shouldnt be the case.

Love,
Brian
The Olive Tree
The Olive Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Olive Tree Sun May 20, 2007 7:50 am

Paul told us to covet or desire to prophesy. Did he not? Those who are tired of unrighteousness does the above prophetic word not quench their desire to be taken? Amen. You are 64 years old. I think you may be stuck in tradition. But behold the Lord is about to do a new thing. Do you not perceive it?
The Olive Tree
The Olive Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by ephraimanesti Mon May 21, 2007 9:08 am

MY BROTHER,

i certainly cannot deny that i am 64 or that i am perhaps stuck in tradition--guilty as charged! :+}

My continued point is that i have absolutely no interest in the when, where, and how of the Rapture. My only interest is in striving for sinlessness and improving the spiritual depth of my life in the here and now. If i do that with all my heart, mind, soul, and spirit, when the Rapture comes i will be ready and most pleased to depart from this desolate place of exile. When, where, and how this will occur hold no interest for me!

Prophetic words do nothing to quench my thirst--which is for God alone. My desire is only to please Him--not to seek after His gifts. God has been doing a most wonderful "new thing" in my life for the last 7 years or so--whatever "new thing" He is working in the world at large takes second place in my interest to what he is doing within me. The Kingdom of Heaven is truly WITHIN US! And YES, being caught up in prophecy and becoming Christ-like are indeed too much for me to handle at one time. Therefore i have chosen what i see to be "the one thing necessary."

Sorry, in my newness, to have posted in this Forum due to my lack of real interest in the topic. i have no desire to argue to point. May i be forgiven for doing so.

MAY YOU BE BLESSED,
ephraim

ephraimanesti

Male Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Olive Tree Mon May 21, 2007 9:37 am

Great Post friend. May the Lord reward your sincerity in heart to be pleasing to Him and others. Surely the Lord will continue to bless you for Loving Him. Truly you are His delight. May the Lords face shine upon you. May He grant you your hearts desire and continue to do a new thing in your life. I am moved to Prophesy:

Behold, The Lord Jesus says: Surely I will continue to do a new thing in your life. Surely I have destined for you glory after glory after glory everlasting. So continue to feed on my fresh manna when I speak in the prophecy section. Partake of what is pleasing and let others partake of what speaks to them. Continue to walk in love and obedience for I, the Holy Spirit have called you all to Holyness. Remember that I am in the midst of all things. The way that you all treat eachother must be in love. Remember Joseph and His brothers, this prophetic picture is to show that you, My Church, must bless eachother and continue to walk in love. For if Joseph and His brethren walked as I desire for you, My Church to walk, surely the Testimony would have only been greater. You have heard them call me, the Holy Spirit a gentlemen. Surely this is correct, for I will allow you to make mistakes and only when you call out to me will I fix them, but how much happier and blessed and fortunate are those who obey me to the best of their ability, so that they can avoid all pitfalls and attain for themselves the greatest of great Testimonies? For I created you to bless you, and I created you to Bless Me. So give me Glory, continue to bless eachother, for you are Jesus' Body, and His body must be healthy. Healthiness such as this requires all of you to abide in Me, the Holy Spirit, walking in unified perfection as I desire.

Praise the Lord Jesus for this fresh word. Thank you for using me Jesus. Bless us all! Amen!
The Olive Tree
The Olive Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by nomoreracism Wed May 23, 2007 3:26 am

That is such a wonderful photo.

Bless you for sharing that with us.

God bless you

nomoreracism

Female Number of posts : 12