UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hug a Cop!

Go down

Hug a Cop! Empty Hug a Cop!

Post by Floatingaxe Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:15 am

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Romans 13:1 NLT
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

What a security blanket! I love the fact that this verse is given to us. Knowing that God’s eye is on the nations is something I am comforted by.

When I see a police officer, I am reminded that God places him in his authority for me and my safety and my good.

Whenever I hear talk that is derogatory about police or government, including heads of state, I often think of the person speaking as having problems with authority. Let’s not indulge likewise.

Read further:
“So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.”

Being a good citizen involves being submissive to the laws of the land, and this is also the mark of the good citizen of Heaven! Submission to government allays fear in the believer, who seeks to do what is right, while it generally stirs up fear in those who lack respect for God, who often seek to get away with lawlessness.

God has taken care of every detail of our lives, and we in well-governed countries find our ways prosperous because of the faith of the founding fathers. God honours the pledges of these people from long ago, who toiled to form nations who would honour God and bring prosperity to their people. Many people in this world live in nations that have no godly beginnings and their governments are corrupt. We need to be praying for the citizens of such countries and out of our riches, we need to be giving offerings of relief.

Praise God Almighty for his precious favour! We mustn’t take it for granted!

Hug a cop today!
Floatingaxe
Floatingaxe
D.D.Mod
D.D.Mod

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum