UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Members New And Not So New

2 posters

Go down

For Members New And Not So New Empty For Members New And Not So New

Post by everready Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:36 pm

Me? I'm not so new, in spirit I'm 19, age wise I'm xx, you see it doesn't matter. Jesus never said, come ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest, just to old folks, he meant everybody. How many tragic storys have you heard of young children commiting suicide? They where heavy laden, "yes?"

Look at it this way, life in a pressure cooker and your in that pressure cooker. As the temp guage rises so does the pressure, now remember, your still in that cooker. 50* 75* 100* but that temp gauge is controlled by the pressure, so, 50* can mean 100* and up the pressure goes. Eventually unless your a frog you'll be looking for relief. Now picture Jesus standing next to that cooker with his hand outstretched waiting for you to cry uncle. Your ready to scream it out but something is stopping you, and so the pressure goes up, 175* and climbing. Are you still screaming or did you pass out?

Then you see it, your flesh is scalding but never the less you see it. In large capital letters a word appears, "SIN" but wait just a minute, that wasn't in my plan, my plan was to ask Jesus to trip that switch so I could come out and play some more. This is the reason he can't do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARELfp15zbc

He was in that pressure cooker and he did it for you.

everready and,
In Christ,
Lee
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Male Number of posts : 239
Humor : serious
Registration date : 2007-08-23

http://the4gospels.net/christianforums/index.php

Back to top Go down

For Members New And Not So New Empty Re: For Members New And Not So New

Post by Christ is My Life! Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:46 pm

One of my all time favorite songs mixed with the most powerful depiction of the crucifiction of Christ....Nice everready!!!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

For Members New And Not So New Empty Naughty And Nice

Post by everready Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:46 pm

I used to be naughty and would gloat that I above others was the naughtiest of all.

WHEN a man has a particularly empty head, he generally sets up for a great judge, especially in religion. None is so wise as the man who knows nothing. His ignorance is the mother of his impudence and the nurse of his obstinacy; and though he does not know a bee from a bull's foot, he settles matters as if all wisdom were at his fingers' ends—the Pope himself is not more infallible. Hear him talk after he has been at a meeting and heard a sermon, and you will know how to pull a good man to pieces if you never knew it before. He sees faults where there are none; and if there be a few things amiss, he makes every mouse into an elephant.

This is a quote from Charles Spurgeon, I like his wit and wisdom, "but" not when I was on the hot seat being naughty.

In Christ,
Lee
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

For Members New And Not So New Empty Off With The Old On With The New

Post by everready Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:42 pm

All wisdom flows from its pages, and the sweet smell of heaven binds its cover. For those of us that aren't in the habit of reading our bibles look at it this way. You'll starve if you don't, but more importantly God will starve for lack of attention, "yours". Our earthly fathers, long for the affection we seldom show them, God is no different. With one exception, he got up off his throne and came here looking for friends that would love him for who he is. And finally he paid that horrible price to get the job done.

The Second Epistle of Paul the Apostle to
TIMOTHY

Chapter 1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;
Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Think about this; is there anyone you know that would do what he did? and he at the time was only 33 years old, just a child himself.

Alleluiah, saved by the grace of God.

In Christ,
Lee
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down