UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Attempt At My Testimony

2 posters

Go down

An Attempt At My Testimony Empty An Attempt At My Testimony

Post by Glory to God Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:40 am

Please forgive me if I babble....not real good at this.

As a child I was never introduced to God or Jesus, except when my dad would get mad, if you know what I mean. When I was in 3rd grade we moved to Georgia to be closer to my moms family. So I was meeting alot of new friends. Their parents and grandparents were very involved in church. So I was invited to go. First I attended a Holiness church, (age 11) we had a great time except we had to wear dresses if we wanted to go. After I had been going for awhile, me and best friend approached the alter and got "saved". That entailed, crying, people shouting, jumping and ladies laying hands on our heads speaking in tongues. Well I went home, feeling great....I was "saved". Told my mom I was "saved" and now I had to wear dresses all the time, and keep my hair long. So a few days of wearing dresses to school, it was just to hard and just couldn't do it. So at that point I considered I had backslid.

(Age 13) I was invited to another church, Holiness baptist. My friends dad was the pastor. We learned stories about Noah's Ark, and made fun crafts. We were never in the church during services so we never heard sermons. Same as before, wear dresses, no make up and sit down and be quiet.

So from age 14-till 2004, I did not attend church or really even think about God, except I knew he had created the world.
It was 2004, my friend Reda Tyson invited my husband and I to go to church with her. Well we kept putting her off, excuse after excuse...thinking yeah we need to go to church but got to clean up things first then we can go to church.

Then we got the news that she had cancer, they gave her 6 months to live. She gave me a Christmas card, and inside was her testimony, of all God had brought her through. On the outside of the envelope she wrote "her only request was to attend church with her one time". We were weakening. In the mean time she would tell us about Jesus, who he is and what he done. I was 30 *something and just finding out about Jesus.

We broke down and went to church (non-denominational) with her one Sunday (Feb.27 2005)
We listened to Praise and worship, songs about Jesus! I will never forget the feeling I had that day!! Then we listened to the Pastor introduce us to Jesus, who he was and is. The message that day had to be for us, by the time he finished the sermon, we were at the alter, confessing, Jesus as our Lord and savior, repenting of all our sins, and accepting Jesus into our life and hearts. It was the most wonderful feeling, it really feels like being born again, from the inside out.
Reda Tyson, led us to Jesus....and went to be with Jesus one month to the day.
I Praise and thank the Lord for sending that special lady into my life to introduce Him to me.

I want to make it clear that when I referred to a particular church, I am not putting it down in any way, It was just what that (local) church was teaching.
Glory to God
Glory to God
Biblical teacher
Biblical teacher

Female Number of posts : 109
Humor : Everyone should have some :)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

http://dailycrossesforums.com

Back to top Go down

An Attempt At My Testimony Empty Re: An Attempt At My Testimony

Post by Christ is My Life! Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:33 pm

Debbie!

That is a very nice attempt!!!! Your friend did her job and then went HOME!!!! Praise the LORD! You have been a major blessing in my life, and if you hadn't followed that small voice, we may have never met! I LOVE IT! GOD is AWESOME!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down