UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do.....

5 posters

Go down

What would you do..... Empty What would you do.....

Post by Christ is My Life! Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:33 am

Her is a thought. IF Christ were to walk up to you on the street. How would you react? I mean, really. We can all say what we would do....but really really think hard on this one. What would you do?

Me? I'd start bawling my eyes out like a baby....out of control for sure! I'd fall shaking to my knees....and be the happiest person on the planet for just seeing Him....YET, I would have such fear because of all the sins I do daily....and I would have such emotion inside for that reason alone. Now, that is the simple answer...the deeper one would entail some serious thought. (on how to word it) I'll get back to ya, but I want to hear what you would do!!!talking
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

What would you do..... Empty Re: What would you do.....

Post by Glory to God Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:54 pm

I agree with you, crying and falling to my knees would be for sure. After that Im not sure.
Glory to God
Glory to God
Biblical teacher
Biblical teacher

Female Number of posts : 109
Humor : Everyone should have some :)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

http://dailycrossesforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floatingaxe Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:25 am

I have thought of this before. I am sure I would fall at His feet and hug and kiss them. He'd have to drag me off!
Floatingaxe
Floatingaxe
D.D.Mod
D.D.Mod

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 am

LOL...Yeah, drag us ALL off! LOL. And how patient He is to know all of this! Imagine.... I know, when it comes to personal space, how I'd be if I had millions trying to grab ahold of me!byemouse LOL. But then again, I am but a mere human!

Hey Glory! Beautiful new character!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by everready Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:36 am

I would be a combanation of all that's been said.
We each have a life we came from where some were slightly ill with a cold, spiritually speaking, others with a deep hidden past that contained enough sickness to fill a hospital.. I was in the hospital, and I may be wrong but when you weigh it up my sins , the shear number cause me to be thankful beyond what others can imagine. When preaching his gospel I broke down on the spot to everyones amazement, like I was hearing it for the first time. I didn't care if they gawked while I sat there bawling my eyes out, if anything they too could see and feel the grace of God right before their eyes.

Thank you Jesus,
Lee
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Male Number of posts : 239
Humor : serious
Registration date : 2007-08-23

http://the4gospels.net/christianforums/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by MoNiCa4316 Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Good question! I've thought about this before....I could probably go and on about this topic, until I've written a whole book, lol! Arrow

"IF Christ were to walk up to you on the street. How would you react?"

Oki..so I'm picturing myself walking down the street, thinking about something utterly unimportant in comparison....and suddenly, I see HIM right in front of me! How would I react?? It is difficult to say for sure...I mean, it's even difficult to imagine! I'm sure the reality is so much greater than anything we could dream of. I can say though that it would be a really overwhelming experience....I'd definitely start crying, and fall down before Him...I don't think any of us would be able to stand. I'm sure that would be the happiest moment of my life.

I think when I'd look upon Him, I would feel very unworthy. I would also feel terrible because of all my sins. But I would feel sooo thankful!! I mean, this is Jesus, this is the one who died to give us life! I've always loved the story in the Bible about the woman with the perfume jar, the one who came to Jesus and started crying and kissing His feet. I agree with what Everready said, the more we realize our sins the more thankful we feel. The woman in the Bible must have felt really thankful and loved Him so much, to give Him such 'extravagant worship'. So I would probably feel so small and undeserving standing in front of ..the King of heaven! But this would also help me realize better what He did for us. Amazing grace.. Smile

Also, I've always thought about how He would look like...well I can't really imagine...I'm sure He is soo beautiful!!! but I've always thought about His eyes. I dont know why, I just usually notice people's eyes first when I meet them. I think that when we'll meet Jesus, we'll realize that He knows everything about us...I mean everything...all our sins, our past, how we feel, etc. He knows us from the inside. And at the same time, He would look upon us with total love! How would that be?? and how would I even dare to look at His eyes at all...

As I said, that would be the most incredible experience ever.

And...the unbelievable thing is, we will meet Him one day. wow.
MoNiCa4316
MoNiCa4316

Female Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Back to top Go down

What would you do..... Empty Amazing Grace

Post by everready Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound, thank you it's my favorite Christian devotional. Now I have one for you that you might like, some of todays music just doesn't do justice to our savior, enjoy

In Christ,
everready

http://www.gth-ministries.org/P29.htm
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:50 pm

Yes, I understand what you mean about writing a book. So often, I ponder, what would I do. I think all of us would fall down and worship Him...bawling...filled with intense energy....warmth....speechless, yet wanting to ramble on and on about our deep love and desire to be with Him....
I am sure that all of us have many things in our pasts, even presents that we are not proud of. Things we did to others, ourselves, behaviors, bad things to our systems, our bodies...etc. the list goes on....
But as we focus on cleansing ourselves of our filth, and realize that His blood covers us....washed us...washes us....and makes us pure.....how can we thank Him? We know He loves us...but how can we thank the Son of God who did such a drastic move to make the point of spirituality and getting right with God???

I agree with the eyes. I love to look at eyes. So I can only imagine.....imagine what it was like while He was here....looking into the eyes of Christ.......How could people deny Him?
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoNiCa4316 Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:53 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Everready!!! Smile I love that song, I've never heard it before though! God bless

monica

edit: Christ is my life, I really want to reply to your post but I have to run somewhere...aaah...lol! I will when I get back Smile I have something to say. ttyl!
MoNiCa4316
MoNiCa4316

Back to top Go down

What would you do..... Empty Well I Do Have Another

Post by everready Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:04 pm

This lady was another of my favorite singers. whee

http://www.greatdanepro.com/Dear%20Jesus/index.htm
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:25 pm

everready wrote:I would be a combanation of all that's been said.
We each have a life we came from where some were slightly ill with a cold, spiritually speaking, others with a deep hidden past that contained enough sickness to fill a hospital.. I was in the hospital, and I may be wrong but when you weigh it up my sins , the shear number cause me to be thankful beyond what others can imagine. When preaching his gospel I broke down on the spot to everyones amazement, like I was hearing it for the first time. I didn't care if they gawked while I sat there bawling my eyes out, if anything they too could see and feel the grace of God right before their eyes.

Thank you Jesus,
Lee

This coincides with what I wrote in Witnessing....When we get so emotional, even though so many times, we can say it without a crack in the voice....those times...that we just burst....and we can't explain it....Maybe that is the Holy Spirit utilizing us to touch the hearts of those who listen....AMEN!

When we love God with ALL OUR HEARTS and souls.....no matter how silly we may feel at break down time....it is all for His glory and the good that comes of it....goes ALL TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rabbit
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoNiCa4316 Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:56 am

everready wrote:This lady was another of my favorite singers. whee

[url=http://www.greatdanepro.com/Dear%20Jesus/index.htm
http://www.greatdanepro.com/Dear%20Jesus/index.htm[/quote[/url]]

That's great! Smile Thanks for sharing! I love that hymn =D
MoNiCa4316
MoNiCa4316

Back to top Go down

Post by MoNiCa4316 Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:13 am

Christ is My Life! wrote:Yes, I understand what you mean about writing a book. So often, I ponder, what would I do. I think all of us would fall down and worship Him...bawling...filled with intense energy....warmth....speechless, yet wanting to ramble on and on about our deep love and desire to be with Him....

Yes!!! =D
I've also always wondered how it would be like to worship Jesus with Him standing right in front of us...

I am sure that all of us have many things in our pasts, even presents that we are not proud of. Things we did to others, ourselves, behaviors, bad things to our systems, our bodies...etc. the list goes on....
But as we focus on cleansing ourselves of our filth, and realize that His blood covers us....washed us...washes us....and makes us pure.....

Sometimes I think that this is the difference between heavenly and 'hellish' creatures...that those in heaven remember that they used to sin on earth, but they also remember how God forgave them...and their sins do not cause them guilt, because His grace and mercy are so much greater. Their memories only give them another reason to praise God. But people in hell remember their sins but are not free from them....

how can we thank Him? We know He loves us...but how can we thank the Son of God who did such a drastic move to make the point of spirituality and getting right with God???

wow, I don't even know! I don't think anything we could do would ever be enough....I mean, just think...God creates creatures who turn against Him..and instead of killing them or taking away their free will, He becomes one of them, and dies so that they could live! Not only that, but He lets THEM kill Him! Words can never be enough to thank Him, I guess the only thing that we can do is just live for God and put Him first in everything. And even this is so hard to do...I'm still such a sinner! But I'm so thankful that God is willing to help us get better!

I agree with the eyes. I love to look at eyes. So I can only imagine.....imagine what it was like while He was here....looking into the eyes of Christ.......How could people deny Him?

I don't know! Sad That just shows how people are enslaved by evil... when Christ comes back..I wonder if some people would look at Him with love, and some with hatred? Depending on how they lived on earth... that is such a sad thought, because He loves them and died for them too. I don't know who will go to hell, since God is the judge, but I think it's so important to reach out to people who are angry or lost in darkness and show them God's love...the Holy Spirit is the one who gives faith, but I pray that He would use us to bring His "lost sheep" back to Him. I was once one of those..
MoNiCa4316
MoNiCa4316

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:17 pm

Wow MoNiCa....You are so wise for 21! I was so lost then....caught in the firey trap!!! That was near my peak....actually at around 19-20 was my peak in sinfulness....at 21, I had a wake up call....I got pregnant with my first child. but without that pregnancy, I'd not believe in God the Father....so I have to be grateful to that sin....because that was the first step towards my waking up.

I actually laughed at people my age who tried to talk to me with wisdom....and for this reason and many many many others, I am so grateful that Christ has sacraficed Himself for us....so we can turn back to HIM and repent of all our evil ways. When we are blind...we laugh at that last line I wrote, but when we wake up....we get serious! And the more serious we get....the more we think about what would we do if we were face to face with Him!?!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoNiCa4316 Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:52 pm

Christ is My Life! wrote:Wow MoNiCa....You are so wise for 21! I was so lost then....caught in the firey trap!!! That was near my peak....actually at around 19-20 was my peak in sinfulness....at 21, I had a wake up call....I got pregnant with my first child. but without that pregnancy, I'd not believe in God the Father....so I have to be grateful to that sin....because that was the first step towards my waking up.

Thank you, but it's all things that others have taught me, or my own mistakes. haha. Smile
I think my 'peak' of sinfulness was probably 12-13. I know some people think that's an 'innocent child' sort of age, but it wasn't that way for me.
And I agree, sometimes God really uses things to wake us up...especially when we're going through really difficult situations..

I actually laughed at people my age who tried to talk to me with wisdom....and for this reason and many many many others, I am so grateful that Christ has sacraficed Himself for us....so we can turn back to HIM and repent of all our evil ways. When we are blind...we laugh at that last line I wrote, but when we wake up....we get serious! And the more serious we get....the more we think about what would we do if we were face to face with Him!?!

"The message of the Cross is foolish to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God". I actually used to laugh at Christians - in my mind, not outwardly, but that's just as bad - and thought they were ridiculous and naive...but lol now I see they were so right.

God bless!

monica
MoNiCa4316
MoNiCa4316

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:24 am

Isn't it amazing how we scoffed the idea of the cross until (Big UNTIL) Christ revealed His truth to us. And still we must thrive to grow and not rely only upon the milk, as newborn babes with their mothers, but learn which foods to eat which are healthiest for our spiritual growth so we may be empowered even more by HIS truth!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum