UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having the Heart of Servant

2 posters

Go down

Having the Heart of Servant Empty Having the Heart of Servant

Post by faithfulone4281 Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:50 pm

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Philippians 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
The 3 words i get out of the scriptures
That jesus was humble
That jesus was obedient
That he had the heart of a servant
The spirit of a servant was upone him
And I believe deep in the hearts of all believers there is a need for us to see Jesus as the servant. If you see Jesus as the servant of God, He will make believers more servants, more in servitude to one another. He humbled Himself in the form of a Servant.
Yet Jesus says - if anyone,, whosoever desires to become great among you, shall be your servant, must desire to serve, desire to give our lives to people.
we desire to bring a person to the fullness of a potential. That is serving, true serving is to bring the best out of a person and to draw forth the goodness that God has placed
the gifts and the talents that God has placed in a person. The desire must be great in our lives, desire to be a servant and he says - for even the Son of Man did not come to be
served but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many. He said even I Myself, Jesus says, did not come to be served.Jesus first started His ministry, it was a servant's ministry
So, understanding this principle what the bible is trying to tell us, that all positions of authority with God come in proportion to your servitude, to you being a servant. If you want a position with God, you have to serve - to serve others, you have to give your lives to others as a servant and God will give you special positions,
That is where I believe as we claim prosperity, as we claim the things of God, do not forget that our purpose on earth is not for ourselves - is to SERVE.
So if there is anything in our lives that cause us not to be servants, we should get rid of them, we should get rid of them. And I repeat again, if you are called to the Ministry, we have to live a lifestyle such that we still can be servants to people. We cannot live a lifestyle like a king and shove your weight around. No, it has to be like a servant. In the Army of God the highest have to be willing to come to the lowest. I believe that Jesus was talking about our attitude of a servant
He learnt to serve first. The only way to achieve positions of power and graces with God is through a servant's spirit

In order to be the servant gods talking about We have to die to self. We have to completely die and the only way we can be servants is to die to self. The most difficult part about being a servant is because we are self-conscious, we are self-preservation and we are self, self and self. The only way to be a servant is to lay down self and serve. Remove the "L", remove the 'F"; put the "R", "V" and "E". Turn yourself into serve and we will receive the positions of God.
God wants us to receive the spirit of a servant into our lives that all we are interested in is to serve one another, to love one another, to promote one another and not promote ourselves. God wants to minister the spirit of a servant; the way to greatness is the way of a servant. We pray that God may open your eyes to Jesus, the servant, the One who washed His disciples' feet is speaking to you now and saying wash one another's feet. Go out of your way for one another - find some way to serve one another. Ministry comes forth from service and the commandment of Jesus still goes on today. He says, I have done this as an example and we pray that God's spirit will search our hearts that in your lives, any area of self-promotion, or desire to be having pre-eminence may be eradicated - that our only desire, your only desire must be that others may see Jesus in me, that you may glorify Jesus, all you want to do is when I do this, do people see Jesus, when I share this, do people see Jesus; everything that you do, do people see Jesus - that's how Jesus walked on this earth. Jesus, as He was walking, He says "I do not seek My own glory" He says in the gospel of John - but I seek the glory of the Father and the Father honors Me because I seek not my own honor, I seek His honor, His glory. Seek to glorify Jesus, not self and I know God is going to pour a special grace and anointing on your lives if you would serve. The way to the positions with God is the way of humbling ourselves to serve.
For to be like God, to receive the things of God, to be like God we have to walk the same way Jesus walked - it is not by pride and self achievement - it is by humbling ourselves before God. The things of the spirit are this - you keep humbling your soul and your body subjecting your soul and your body to the things of the spirit - what we call, being a servant.the blessings of God come by being humbleJesus said that he who wants to be the great among you let him be the servant of all!
John 13:4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
John 13:5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
John 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

bible1
faithfulone4281
faithfulone4281

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Having the Heart of Servant Empty Re: Having the Heart of Servant

Post by Christ is My Life! Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:49 pm

Thank you for sharing this Faithfulone!!!! We love your posts! Exclamation
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator