UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think of Job

2 posters

Go down

Think of Job Empty Think of Job

Post by Christ is My Life! Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:23 am

When we feel alone, away from God, or like we are being punished, think of Job. This is one of my favorite books in the bible. For Job, so loved by God, had been tested to the fullest of degrees. And through his testing, kept his faith and in turn was rewarded greatly for his faithfulness. I share this scripture with you.....

King James Version: Job Chapter 7

1 Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?

2 As a servant earnestly desireth the shadow, and as an hireling looketh for the reward of his work:

3 So am I made to possess months of vanity, and wearisome nights are appointed to me.

4 When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day.

5 My flesh is clothed with worms and clods of dust; my skin is broken, and become loathsome.

6 My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope.

7 O remember that my life is wind: mine eye shall no more see good.

8 The eye of him that hath seen me shall see me no more: thine eyes are upon me, and I am not.

9 As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.

10 He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him any more.

11 Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.

12 Am I a sea, or a whale, that thou settest a watch over me?

13 When I say, My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaints;

14 Then thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions:

15 So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life.

16 I loathe it; I would not live alway: let me alone; for my days are vanity.

17 What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?

18 And that thou shouldest visit him every morning, and try him every moment?

19 How long wilt thou not depart from me, nor let me alone till I swallow down my spittle?

20 I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself?

21 And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away my iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.

We so often feel like this. Perhaps we feel that we are even worse than this. Do not be fooled. We must be tested, we must persevere and God does not abandon us....He LOVES us...it is not in vain that He does what He does. He builds our character, and we end up with amazing testimonies afterwards. Our Father is exactly that, our FATHER.....do you not love your children? Why would you feel that He would forsake you...He created you! When you are down, please read through Job, all of it. You may be filled with mixed emotions while reading it, but it is worth reading...again and again if need be.

God Bless!~
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Think of Job Empty Re: Think of Job

Post by everlastinglife Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:23 am

I love Jobs story, satan took his ability to sacrifice to God first. That hurt Job early and it took him long suffering to recover! But he did!!!

everlastinglife

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:48 am

Spiritual cleansing. My oh my. It can be a wild ride. A darkened pit of feeling helpless and full of despair. It can be filled with intense tears, emotions an feelings that one does not want to have surface. It can be a time of mass confusion, while the enemy attacks all the positive efforts being made. It can be a time of sincere humility. Facing inner demons, one has not yet come to realize they have. Or face the ones one, knows one has, but refuses to acknowledge the sincere fact of ones fault.

Oh, yes, this is me. Always me. Constantly trying, but not trying hard enough. Constantly asking to be shown....something....moving, powerful, something truthful...and I get lead into amazing directions.

I have chosen to fast from all the forums I go to for a while. The reason being? All the distress I see. I choose to come here, for this is my one job I have to do for our Lord, at this time....as all other jobs I had, are done, and there have been no new opportunities that I have seen.

The distress is a heaviness upon my spirit. I read through many things, and am disheartened. The oh so many views, the, "I'm right, and YOU are WRONG's" I just can't do it anymore. I am led away.

Through this, I feel cleaner, though only a few days. The Lord has shown me new things, new visions, new ideas....such that I could not have found on my own, with my simple way of thinking.

He has confirmed in my heart several affirmations, many, which, honestly, I do not like, nor wish to even know about, but, alas, it is part of our future.

And as well, He has shown me, my own selfishness in my own personal life, and knows I hate it, yet wallow in it. I do pray He crushes this part of me, though I dread the testing that will come with this cleansing.

To G2G, I have not abandoned DC. Nor will I. I just need to regroup a few things before I come back....and I am led to stay here and only here....to peek in there, yes, to write, no. ( Sad ) But this was a bit of a command....not because of you, but for me. Until I feel clean again, and strong again.

The Lord is my guide, and I am a bruised sheep right now, who needs to heal and try to bathe my dirty wool.

Thank You all for being a part of my little forum here, and for being a part of my spiritual growth.
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content