UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes our decisions hurt

4 posters

Go down

Sometimes our decisions hurt Empty Sometimes our decisions hurt

Post by Christ is My Life! Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:45 am

To start off, my walk with our Lord has never been an easy one.
From the womb, the evil one wanted me gone. I was almost aborted. But, the Lord prevented that from happening. From the hospital, I was basically given away, no release papers, I was illegally taken and given to a woman who eventually became a prostitute and had taken me into the rooms with the numerous men she was "taking care of"

Then her mother took care of me, the only one I remember each and every day I was with her. She was crazy! I mean crazy, the house a health hazard, too many animals, I probably lived with a rats nest of fleas in my head daily, and I was not allowed to have friends, or go to a doctor, or even to school quite often....(For no reason I can remember.) And she loved Jesus, but demanded everytime I was naughty to stand in front of the shrine and beg forgiveness. And much more, so I had fear of Jesus instead of a rooted love.

From then on, my path took me back to my biological mother who was extremely abusive, and also claimed to be a "Good Christian Woman." and confessed ME, her sin", before her congregation and her husband, who had no idea I was her child until that moment. I was beaten practically to death by her on many occasions, rushed to the hospital once, and she lied and said I had fallen or something. Finally, praise God, after only 8 months or so, the school stepped in and had me put into foster care. All Christian families, all different beliefs. So, by the time I was a young teen, I hated God, pretty much. Laughed at the thought of Christ, and had no idea about the Holy Spirit, except that he made people faint in church when he came upon them. I laughed a lot about that one!

Was adopted at a late age, and again, a new Christian religion to join. I must have been baptized about a dozen times.....really! But never felt our Lord.

It took until I was 32, before I begged God to show me the truth. I BEGGED, down, alone, stranded in a new country, my husband away for many months, no language, nothing and 3 small children. Not enough money to cover even food, let alone rent, bills, clothing.....literally, we had to scrounge for money, be late up to 3 months so we could feed the family, we were so behind in bills, and here, there is no such thing as going bankrupt, they just throw you in jail. We had that all hanging over us.

Christ came to me. Not as a vision, not in front of me, He came to me in the form of a new passion that I did not understand. I woke up one day IN LOVE WITH HIM! Feeling as though, my whole life I had felt this way. The pain, the loneliness, suddenly was gone. No church, no friends, no husband, NO-ONE to lead me to Him. And He led me....on so many ventures. Those I heeded, were incredibly challenging, often I was rebuked by decisions, but in the end, the blessings were enormous.

Well, I have been challenged again, by our Lord to step outside of my comfortable life and into new realms. And one of the tests was here. On this small forum.

And it hurt that person. It offended that person, but I finally understood the challenge from our Lord. It was a test of my faith in HIM. How far would I go to defend Him. Would I risk someone's feelings and emotions to defend the truth in which our Lord has taught me? For I am too merciful sometimes, and it has gotten me in a lot of trouble with a lot of people, and the Lord always has led me to incredible insights and outcomes.

I am a no-one on this planet. I am not chosen for anything, I am a simple person who truly loves the Lord our God, The Lord our Son of God and the Holy Spirit with all my heart and soul and will do ANYTHING to please God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit! I do not judge, but I make judgements, and must face persecution for these. A cross I am willing to bear, even if it in turn has offended someone or hurt them. Something I detest doing. I really do.

Life in Christ is not a guarantee in a peaceful life. It is a guarantee that wars can be waged, that people will persecute you, even if they feel their way is the only way, or the right way and your way is completely wrong. This is a fact in anyones life. The only guarantee is Christ Himself! The only ONE I choose to live by and please. For my walk, though, not easy, and I have shared only the sheer beginning with out sharing anything in between. Most would have ran far away from. Believe me, I tried, and God would not let me. I had to suffer greatly to get to this point. And I will suffer more. And gladly so, though my flesh will hate it, for My Lord, I will do anything!

God Bless!!!!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Sometimes our decisions hurt Empty Re: Sometimes our decisions hurt

Post by nobella Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:21 am

You are a great sister for our Lord and I know he will  continue to use you in a mighty way, just remember that you are not alone in your trials and the deep mercy you feel towards others are God inspired. He is Mercy he is Love and we can never love more than him or give more than him.
These are Godly atributes that come directly from our father. I agree that Life in Christ is not a guarantee of a perfect peaceful life but this I know, that God does want us to be happy. So be happy my sis and continue to trust in God for everything, he will direct your path and give you more than you everdreamed possible.
nobella
nobella
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Back to top Go down

Sometimes our decisions hurt Empty He Who Knew No Sin Became Sin..

Post by everready Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:23 am

pale That is what I call barbaric and you lived to tell the story.
We all have ours but yours has to be right there on top,
all of our storys have one thing in common. They bring us
together,no one individual above the other. Thanks for sharing that
must have been so difficult to do! Now think what it must have been for Jesus, who knew no sin..

In Christ,
Lee
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Male Number of posts : 239
Humor : serious
Registration date : 2007-08-23

http://the4gospels.net/christianforums/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:23 am

everready wrote:pale That is what I call barbaric and you lived to tell the story.
We all have ours but yours has to be right there on top,
all of our storys have one thing in common. They bring us
together,no one individual above the other. Thanks for sharing that
must have been so difficult to do! Now think what it must have been for Jesus, who knew no sin..

In Christ,
Lee

I would never call mine right on top, for there are children who are slaves and live in cages, there are children who are sold for sex, there are children whom got beaten so severely they are brain damaged...there are martyrs out there who were beaten so harshly, finger nails ripped out one by one, by not renouncing Christ...these and so many other examples are the ones to respect and pray thanks to for surviving such monstrosities in life. I never even thought about Christ except to rebel against Him for so long. I never would have given my life for Him, way back when....I never would have prayed, had i been stuck in a cage, or brutalized...know what I mean?

The amazing thing about my walk, is realizing how Christ was there at every step, even when I hated Him. He never left me. For He knew where I'd end up. Though, forever, it seems, the walk is difficult, I continue on knowing He protects and watches over me, and on the whole world! cross

Still, because of my walk, I can sympathize with anothers difficulty in finding HIM. So, when the Lord leads me to reach out, I must. If He says back down, I do. And even if it upsets people around me....believe me, I do upset a lot of people sometimes, and me in my silliness, takes it to heart. The Lord is the release of it all, Amen!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Sometimes our decisions hurt Empty Decisions

Post by everready Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:31 am

well They can and will hurt us*

Fredrick K.C. Price put it this way

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 18:21 informs us of a spiritual law that few Christians have a grasp on. Its implication is staggering to our minds when we realize that God has put whether we succeed or fail in life into our own hands through the words of our mouth. We have authority to speak life and success, or death and defeat to our lives. It is all up to us!

The wise Christian will make a habit of making a positive confession based upon God's Word. This principle is so vital to the Body of Christ, yet it has been a lost principle through the years. Satan has very cleverly devised a scheme to keep it out of the Church. In fact, periodically, there are those who make fun of it or call it false doctrine.

In Christ,

Lee

Last edited by on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:36 am

Oh how true that is! I often beg God to forgive me of my tongue! The moments I blurt something awful out, and immediately feel remorseful! The words are a gift or a curse. When we realize it, we can work on changing that, but with God's helping hand and our determination to repent of such wrong doings.

I always pray that my family forgives my idiotic blurts in moments of disgust or anger.

I fear, my tongue has put a "do not cross" line at the gates of Heaven for me! Idea
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory to God Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:31 pm

Christ is My Life! wrote:Oh how true that is! I often beg God to forgive me of my tongue! The moments I blurt something awful out, and immediately feel remorseful! The words are a gift or a curse. When we realize it, we can work on changing that, but with God's helping hand and our determination to repent of such wrong doings.

I always pray that my family forgives my idiotic blurts in moments of disgust or anger.

I fear, my tongue has put a "do not cross" line at the gates of Heaven for me! Idea

Im in the same boat Sister, you are right when you say our tounge can be a gift or a curse. I as well Pray that my family and friends forgive me for my outbursts. Repenting! cross Thank you Jesus for love, grace, mercy and forgivness.
Glory to God
Glory to God
Biblical teacher
Biblical teacher

Female Number of posts : 109
Humor : Everyone should have some :)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

http://dailycrossesforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:36 pm

Sometimes I think our tongues are our worst enemy....while we blurt, without pause to think of any consequences, the enemy laughs at us, while the angels shake their heads in sadness. It is SO Frustrating so often, isn't it?!?!?! And often, I think the devil just throws things inside our heads that we blurt out that WE would NEVER say...which is even worse sometimes!!! I know, I often say..."DID I SAY THAT???!!!" well man50
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Sometimes our decisions hurt Empty That Tongue!

Post by everready Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:59 pm

Sometimes our decisions hurt Confused0006
If the scripture read: "if thy tongue offend thee" Shocked
This world of ours would be a quiet one.

In Christ,
Lee
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:40 pm

everready wrote:Sometimes our decisions hurt Confused0006
If the scripture read: "if thy tongue offend thee" Shocked
This world of ours would be a quiet one.

In Christ,
Lee

Could you imagine??? monkey
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Sometimes our decisions hurt Empty Yes I Can But?

Post by everready Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:53 pm

That would be rather boring, really boring, super boring....

I'd start swinging from the loft! help
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Sometimes our decisions hurt Empty Oswald Chambers

Post by everready Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:16 am

NOT A BIT OF IT!

"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Our Lord never nurses our prejudices, He mortifies them, runs clean athwart them. We imagine that God has a special interest in our particular prejudices; we are quite sure that God will never deal with us as He has to deal with other people. "God must deal with other people in a very stern way, but of course He knows that my prejudices are all right." We have to learn - "Not a bit of it!" Instead of God being on the side of our prejudices, He is deliberately wiping them out. It is part of our moral education to have our prejudices run straight across by His providence, and to watch how He does it. God pays no respect to anything we bring to Him. There is only one thing God wants of us, and that is our unconditional surrender.

When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begins to work His new creation in us, and there will come a time when there is not a bit of the old order left, the old solemnity goes, the old attitude to things goes, and "all things are of God." How are we going to get the life that has no lust, no self-interest, no sensitiveness to pokes, the love that is not provoked, that thinketh no evil, that is always kind? The only way is by allowing not a bit of the old life to be left; but only simple perfect trust in God, such trust that we no longer want God's blessings, but only want Himself. Have we come to the place where God can withdraw His blessings and it does not affect our trust in Him? When once we see God at work, we will never bother our heads about things that happen, because we are actually trusting in our Father in Heaven Whom the world cannot see.

everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:28 am

This is Fantastic!

Maybe we could make a list of our old selves....our new selves and what is still left over from our old selves...like sometimes little tempers over silly things! LOL.

If we write them, we can see them and see just how much work the Lord has done in our Lives from the moment we were BORN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Head-Spin
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by everready Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:39 am

Sometimes our decisions hurt God