UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs!

3 posters

Go down

Proverbs! Empty Proverbs!

Post by Christ is My Life! Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:25 am

Let not thine heart envy sinners:
but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long. For surely there
is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

Proverbs 23:17,18 KJV
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Proverbs! Empty Re: Proverbs!

Post by Glory to God Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:46 pm

For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

Here is the remedy against envying sinners, and here is the reward for fearing the Lord. Ps 23:17. The prosperity of sinners will surely end, for the terrible God will judge them now and/or in the Day of Judgment. The hope of believers is also sure, for the blessed God will reward them in this life and/or in the Day of Judgment. Ps 37:28-38.

Even the best of men can be discouraged when seeing the wicked prospering in rebellion against heaven. David's famed song leader and conductor, Asaph, was ready to quit the religion of Jehovah, when he considered the pleasure and prosperity of the wicked in contrast to his own grief and temptation resisting sin, Ps 73:1-15.

But when he went to the house of God to worship, he was reminded there that the LORD would soon terribly judge the wicked, Ps 73:16-20. God would surely cast them down to desolation and destruction, and He would utterly consume them with terrors. Asaph repented for his foolish thinking, knowing he would have eternal glory, Ps 73:21-24.

Surely there is an end. The wicked will not escape the judgment of God. He sees all their sins, and He will punish them severely. The only good the wicked taste is the illusion of prosperity and success in this life Ps 17:14 ;49:6-20. The righteous will not mourn or suffer forever: they will have an end to their afflictions, which are nothing in comparison to the glory that shall be revealed in them.Rom 8:17-25, II Cor 4:16-18.

Thine expectation shall not be cut off. The righteous are predestinated to eternal glory, and they will not miss their appointment! Nothing can separate them from this glorious blessing and reward of their heavenly Father. Rom 8:29-39, I Pet 1:3-5. Therefore, the righteous know their labors in the Lord are not in vain; they know they shall be rewarded with eternal life and the praise of their Lord and Savior. Matt 25:23, I Cor 15:58.

There was a large difference between the rich man and Lazarus before death, but there was a greater difference after death! Give God the glory! The rich man fared sumptuously every day while he was alive; and the poor beggar had the company of licking dogs, while he craved some crumbs to eat. But then there was a dramatic reversal of fortune!

The rich man woke up tormented in hell and consumed with terrors. He begged for mercy from God and Lazarus, but Abraham explained the permanent change in destiny. He said, "Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented" Luke 16:25. Amen!
Glory to God
Glory to God
Biblical teacher
Biblical teacher

Female Number of posts : 109
Humor : Everyone should have some :)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

http://dailycrossesforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:27 pm

Here is the post regarding the rich man and Lazarus.

Yesterday, in the 113 degree heatwave, where the trees were crackling, and I feared fire would break out...I thought of the Rich Man, and wanting just a finger tips drop of water on his tongue.

In a heat wave, we need extra water, for our insides, to quench our thirst, and to cool us off from the unbearable heat. So my thought, as I was walking, and sweating, was about this Rich Man. I do not want to be there. No, I don't. No-one should.

https://unitingchristians.forumotion.com/Spiritual-Warfare-c2/Intercessory-Prayer-f5/Food-for-thought-p242.htm#242
Food for thought
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Proverbs! Empty Believe God..

Post by everready Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:11 am

Heaven "if" you believe, Hell "if" you don't! Don't follow the in crowd,
they are the blind leading the blind woe Salvation is easy and free, Jesus paid the price so that you would be where he is. Hard and horrible if you don't, your loving heavenly Father will have to make that decision for you. And you will be forever lost in eternity.

In His Service,
Lee
everready
everready
Super Mod
Super Mod

Male Number of posts : 239
Humor : serious
Registration date : 2007-08-23

http://the4gospels.net/christianforums/index.php

Back to top Go down