UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are A Mighty Army!

Go down

We Are A Mighty Army! Empty We Are A Mighty Army!

Post by Floatingaxe Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:16 am

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Psalm 119:141-144 NLT

I am insignificant and despised,
but I don’t forget your commandments.
Your justice is eternal,
and your instructions are perfectly true.
As pressure and stress bear down on me,
I find joy in your commands.
Your laws are always right;
help me to understand them so I may live.

We, especially in this generation, struggle with significance. So many forces exist in this culture that serve to erode our sense self-worth—from the cradle to the grave. As the scripture says, we are despised and hated, and rejected—especially those of us who belong to the family of God. The world, or world system, which is governed by the forces of Satan, continually conspire against us. Those of us who are making themselves known to the enemy get extra grief for their efforts.

What is our comfort in all this?

God’s word, His statutes and His commands! They are our bulwarks of safety. God is our fortress, our stronghold, and as we obey Him, we are assured, guaranteed security and safety from our enemies. This is what brings us comfort and much joy! To know that the strong arm of the Lord is girded about me is the most satisfying part of my life, and the realized earthly reward of serving Him!

Lord Jesus, I know You are always there to guard and guide me safely through life, and I ask You to build me up with more assurance that You have my back! Lift me up, Lord, that I may reveal to the enemy that I am Yours and I bear Your insignia on my armour, on my heart, and may the enemy quake at the sight of the charge. May I indeed rejoice in knowing Your commands are there for my safety and my strength to sustain the fiery darts of the enemy.

Thank You, Lord for your trust in this marvelous army that bears the name of Jesus Christ on its banner! We know this: Your banner over us is LOVE!

Song of Solomon 2:4 NKJV
He brought me to the banqueting house,
And his banner over me was love.

My struggle with significance wanes when I focus on my duty as a soldier of Christ in the mightiest army in the universe!
Floatingaxe
Floatingaxe
D.D.Mod
D.D.Mod

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down