UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Will You Do With Jesus?

Go down

What Will You Do With Jesus? Empty What Will You Do With Jesus?

Post by Floatingaxe Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:23 am

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

1 Peter 3:18 NLT
Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.

I have a wonderful friend. She is a woman of excellent character and is extremely loving. We often go to a special place for lunch together and enjoy many great conversations. I remember the day God pointed her out to me and told me I was to reach out to her. The friendship just blossomed!

One day during one of our lunches, I had planned to ask her some questions that would lead her to express what she believes about Jesus Christ. She was a willing responder! Finally, I asked her what she thought of Jesus, who she thought He was. She then began to tell me things about her childhood and how she felt she always knew Him—that He was with her, that she was special. My heart began to soar! Then, she said, that she knew that He was human and that he sinned just like she did and so He understood. I almost choked out my coffee! I asked her why she thought that Jesus sinned and when. She said that as a child he must have sinned, told a lie or done something bad. I expressed that the word of God says that He was sinless, and that He knew no sin, that He was the spotless Lamb who was sacrificed for our sin. No, she didn’t believe that.

I was greatly saddened by her choice to believe such a lie. Today's is the verse I shared with her that day. The blinders were on. They have yet to be removed. All the wonderful warm glowy feelings that she feels about God and His love for her are real—she knows that Jesus is the Saviour of the world, but she has yet to make Him her own personal Saviour.

My prayer is that she will see Jesus in me and receive Him with joy! Then and only then will she be safely brought home to God to live forever in His Forever Family! I know it will happen—He sent her my way for that very reason.

The one question I believe we will have to answer God one Day, is, “What did you do with Jesus, My Son?” Let’s make sure our answer is, “I served Him as my Saviour and Master with my life and love.” I pray that I will be standing nearby when my dear friend answers to God with those very words!

Lord, bless my dear friend who believes in a Jesus that doesn’t exist, as many countless people do. I pray Your Holy Spirit would touch her heart and soften it toward the truth of your sinlessness! Use me, and use us all in a way that will enable You to open eyes and hearts today! Amen…

Floatingaxe
Floatingaxe
D.D.Mod
D.D.Mod

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down