Touching Heaven, Changing Earth

Go down

- Touching Heaven, Changing Earth

Post by Floatingaxe on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 am

Friday, November 2, 2007

Touching Heaven, Changing Earth

1 Peter 2:7-9 NLT
Yes, you who trust him recognize the honor God has given him. But for those who reject him,
“The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.”

And,
“He is the stone that makes people stumble,
the rock that makes them fall.”

They stumble because they do not obey God’s word, and so they meet the fate that was planned for them.
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

Oh, light! We are called the light of the world in Matthew 5:14:
“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden".

I always like to imagine certain truths in the Word, pondering them deeply, and I get this picture in my mind every time I think of this verse:

The planet Earth. A blue and white marble suspended against a velvet black backdrop. From my vantage point in space, I survey the wondrous globe, handcrafted by my Father of Lights. The distant lamp, the sun, illuminates it. As I circle the sphere before me, it dims in reflection, revealing nighttime below. There! See that? Dots of white-hot light! Sparks! Some singly placed, and others in small clusters. Still others in blazing orbs of sizzle! Dancing lights!

What is this I behold? Jesus whispers in my ear: “These are my beloved.”
We are literally lights to God. We walk to and fro throughout the earth, in our nations, cities and towns. We walk the streets, ride trains and planes, drive cars, all bearing this light. Who sees it?

We are called out of the darkness of this world and we become clothed in the light of Jesus Christ! When He surveys this planet, I am sure He has the option of viewing the world just as I have imagined it. Does He see you and me as one of those sparklers? The world needs to see our light. We can never allow people, circumstances or the devil to dampen the light with sin. Keeping short accounts with God concerning my sin is a sure way for me to remain sparkly! As we move about in our world touching people for Jesus with His gospel message, we are revealing light and truth as high priests of God.

I’ll share with you our church motto, emblazoned in gold on our wall in the sanctuary: Touching Heaven, Changing Earth.

Let it be our motto for living.

Floatingaxe
D.D.Mod
D.D.Mod

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

- Re: Touching Heaven, Changing Earth

Post by Christ is My Life! on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:59 am

Praise the LORD! praying2

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down