UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music warning....please take the time to watch this....

Go down

Music warning....please take the time to watch this.... Empty Music warning....please take the time to watch this....

Post by Christ is My Life! Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 am

YouTube - John Todd: (The Witchcraft of Rock & Roll) Short Ver.
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Music warning....please take the time to watch this.... Empty Re: Music warning....please take the time to watch this....

Post by Christ is My Life! Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:01 pm

I remember ...Oh My....many many years ago, about some man who was preaching about this, So, I will guess that it may have been him....and all of us kids laughing and making fun of it.

Well.....I prayed over this, and asked God to reveal to me some truths....

To let you know, I was a singer, I was in several bands, focused on Alternative, Gothic styled music.

What I do know is this....Without drugs or drinking, certain music does affect your mind and body....how to explain it? I can't.....I can only assume it is like what one feels like after doing drugs....

So, to test this theory again, I listened to some music that I really like....because I still like the Goth style music with its cellos and operatic sounds and deep male voices....And while listening, I said, "God, show me what this guy means." Well, I think God clearly showed me what this guy meant. With out spiritual ears to hear, we don't pay attention......with spiritual ears to hear, it is rather disturbing. Darkness oozed out of the sweetest sounding songs....

However, this test did not only go to the Gothic sounding songs, it went to all styles....and I had the same reaction. From Beyonce to Nightwish, I felt the same thing. After I said thank you to God for showing me this....the feelings left....while other music continued. (In the car btw)

I will tell you this....during jam sessions....again, no drugs, no drinking....just good ole playing our music and singing....there were moments where we would get so in tuned with each others grooves and such that after an hour of playing one particular tune...and getting so into it, that after wards was very surreal...and like we went from a heaven like experience to...cold silence....and it was odd, and we all felt it. I start to think...this guy has something right about the witchcraft influence on music...because I remember so well, these unexplainable moments like it was yesterday and how we joked afterwards, Imagine if we did drugs and played this....where would we have been? (NOt a suitable line to state in front of our teens, so I apologize...) Needless to say, I listen to God....and what He showed me today was enough to convince me, this guy has something. These things I never looked at closely before....

To put it bluntly, I was a millimeter from getting a record contract. I refused because the upfront evils were too much for me, and I had no faith then, and in fact at the time, was fascinated by the wrong things...things not of God. I thank God all the time for saving me from a fate that I so desperately wanted, but was not desperate enough to do what they big guys wanted me to do....Which was not nice not nice at all.

Ok....Just stating my view.
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down