UNITING CHRISTIANS FORUM AND CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What must we do to be saved?

Go down

What must we do to be saved? Empty What must we do to be saved?

Post by Christ is My Life! Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:03 am

“And
he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is,
God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments”
(Matt 19:17
KJV).

Here comes into play an old theme. What does Christ mean by keeping the commandments? Is it the written law, or the law that God has written on man's heart. To become as Christ is, is to become a spiritual being in a non carnal sense. But to what extreme is this spirituality? A humans conception of spirituality lies within these walls...or definitions

The wikipedia definition of spirituality is thus:
Spirituality

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spirituality, in a narrow sense, concerns itself with matters of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit]spirit. The spiritual, involving (as it may) perceived non-physical eternal verities (or even abilities) involving humankind's ultimate nature, often contrasts with the earthly, with the material, or with the worldly. A perceived sense of connection
forms a central defining characteristic of spirituality — connection to
a metaphysical reality greater than oneself, which may include an
emotional experience of religious awe and reverence, or such states as satori or Nirvana. Equally importantly, spirituality relates to matters of sanity and of psychological health. Like some forms of religion, spirituality often focuses on personal experience (see mysticism) and prayer.
Spirituality may involve perceiving or wishing to perceive life as more important ("higher"), more complex or more integrated with one's world view; as contrasted with the merely sensual.
Many spiritual traditions, accordingly, share a common spiritual
theme: the "path", "work", practice, or tradition of perceiving and
internalizing one's "true" nature and relationship to the rest of
existence (God, creation (the universe), or life), and of becoming free of the lesser egoic self (or ego) in favor of being more fully one's "true" "Self".

So what is the average Christians definition of spirituality? Is it a limited definition due to flaws brought about by mans interpretations of the bible? Or is it limited due to mans taking specific and important truths out of the bible?

To become as Christ, we must deeply ask ourselves what is the truest truth. What exactly did Christ teach His diciples? For God's ways are not our ways. Our ways are carnal. Christ's certainly were not.

What did Paul learn on the road to Damascus that changed him so completely that he gave his life to Christ, that we, as mere humans doing our daily routines have not been given, so that we too may give our lives as devoutly as Paul had? Could it be that we are so caught up in the rules of the Church, that we do not take the time to really listen to what Christ has taught us?

Should we not be begging God daily to tell us what we must do to be SAVED...By God's definition, not mans preached definition? (taken from
the Matthew Henry’s Commentary which concludes:)

“Though many
that call themselves Christians, do not act as if they believed it; it is
certain, that, when we embrace Christ, we must let go the world, for we cannot
serve God and mammon... we must devote ourselves entirely to the conduct and
government of our Lord Jesus; Come, and follow me. It seems here to be meant of
a close and constant attendance upon his person, such as the selling of what he
had in the world was as necessary as it was to the other disciples to quit their
callings; but of us it is required that we follow Christ, that we duly attend
upon his ordinances, strictly conform to his pattern, and cheerfully submit to
his disposals, and by upright and universal obedience observe his statutes, and
keep his laws, and all this from a principle of love to him, and dependence on
him, and with a holy contempt of every thing else in comparison of him, and much
more in competition with him. This is to follow Christ fully”.

Upon reading this excerpt, I had to question myself. What do I believe? And how deeply do I believe it? Am I only being breastfed, and missing the true nourishment of God's word? What exactly does it mean to follow God's Commandments. Not just read them, know them, have them memorized. Our Father is an essence so extremely deep that many have ignorantly chosen not to try to get a deeper understanding. But instead, grasp only the surface and be happy with that. Do we, who truly love Christ with all of our hearts and souls want it to stop only there? Do we, who want to follow in Christ's footsteps, because our Father is our lifes blood and essence, do we want to limit ourselves to what our brain does not comprehend? I ask all of you this. Search your hearts, and ask yourselves, what does it mean to be truly saved. Is it faith alone? Is it following commandments? Is it doing what we "THINK" is Christ's way? Are we TRULY following His footsteps so that our souls can be saved? For Christ warned us all to relinquish the worldly things:
“Jesus
said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to
the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me”
(Matt
19:21 KJV)

What does it mean to "Follow Me?" Can we, with all the stresses that surround us, the peer pressures, the shaking of heads when we open our mouths, can we truly do this?

Are you willing to really ask God.....

"What must I truly do to be saved?!" And are you prepared for His answer?
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

What must we do to be saved? Empty Re: What must we do to be saved?

Post by Christ is My Life! Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:30 pm

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide
is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there
are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is
the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

(Matt 7:13-14 NKJ)
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Christ is My Life! Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:32 pm

We, as Children of the Almighty God, must ourselves BECOME the truth! How do we do that? Read the words that Jesus speaks....think upon them, ask for His will to be revealed, and then live them!

No, not as easy as it sounds!!!
Christ is My Life!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum